The goals are divided among:
- Short term (0-2 years)
- Medium term (2-5 years) and
- Long-term (5 years and longer).
The objectives are further divided among:
(I) INSTITUTIONAL GOALS
The Institutional goals! Kheis Municipality focuses on the establishment of an effective and efficient administration for the delivery of sustainable services to achieve our vision. To achieve the vision, the following institutional goals pursued:
(II) SOCIO-ECONOMIC OBJECTIVES
- The Socio-economic objectives are aimed at the socio-economic problems of the communities to address.
- ! Kheis Municipality accepts the following as objectives for the socio-economic problems of our communities to address:
- Providing affordable basic services
- Education / Development
- The provision of health programs and basic health services
- Safety and security
- Establishing a goal and result oriented management.
- Purposeful training and capacity building (officials, councilors and ward committees).
- Establishing an evaluation system
- Community education programs
- Implementation of a proper administrative and financial system
- Implementation of performance and customer service oriented contracts
- Role and function distribution
(III) SPATIAL GOALS
The spatial objectives include:
- Environmental conservation programs;
- Integration of race-based areas
- A proper zoning and rezoning scheme;
- Finalisation of a land use plan and framework and an environmental management program.
(IV) INFRASTRUCTURE GOALS
- The infrastructure objectives focus primarily on the implementation of infrastructure programs.
- The infrastructure goals include the following:
- The implementation of a basic sanitation program contained in the Water Services Business Plan
- The provision of a minimum of 25 liters
- potable water per person per day within 200 meters of every household.
- The provision of basic housing for the poor and huisloses.
- The upgrading of roads and streets.
- The provision and upgrading of stormwater drainage systems.
- The provision of sites for the proper storage of solid waste.
(V) LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The local economic development objectives focus primarily on stimulating the local economy to grow, thereby creating jobs, to protect and. The following objectives are proposed:
The promotion of agriculture and empowerment of small and emerging farmers.
Mining and Environment
Determination of the mining potential within! Kheis Municipal Area
The preparation of an Environmental Management Programme
Tourism and Business
The development of the tourism industry to its full potential to generate! Kheis citizens greater participation in this sector.
Tel nr.: 054 8339500
Faks nr.: 054 833 9509 / 054 833 0690
Private Bag X2,
Oranje street 97,
- Annual Budget
- Financial Statements
- Monthly Report - Section 71
- Quarterly Report - Section 52
- Mid- Year Report – Section 72
- MSIG Report
- MIG Report
- FMG Report
- Valuation Role 2009 - 2013
- Performance Agreements
- Supply Chain Management
- Oversight Report
- Municipal Turn Around Strategy (MTAS)